Ah yes, thank goodness for the provincial government which is currently in power, otherwise we in Ontario might not have a holiday in the month of February. Family Day is a provincial statutory holiday, celebrated on the third Monday in February. It is observed in the provinces of Ontario, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Approximately sixty percent of Canadians observe the day.
It is wonderful to take time out to celebrate the family. This seems a holiday tailor made for family historians and genealogists. For me today will involve time with both my living family and the ancestors in my matrilineal tree, as I continue to organize records and documents germane to their history.
May you enjoy this day with your family no matter where you live!
- Ár Teaghlaigh: Our Family
- Faces of Genealogy
- Interviewing Family
- Finding Irish Ancestors: Research Aids
- 'Orphans' List of 1847 - The Great Famine
- The Act of Union Black List 1800/1801
- Geographical & Political Designations
- Civil Registration Districts
- Latin Terms
- Copyright and Disclosures
- About Me