Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Who's that girl? Who's that guy? Who's that baby? Wednesday

As I sort through the thousands of photographs my parents gathered over the course of their lives, and the life of our family, I have come across numerous photos which include individuals about whom I know little or nothing. Since this is the case I've decided to start a new series on Wednesdays which will be called either 'Who's that girl? Wednesday' or 'Who's that guy? Wednesday', depending on the gender of the person or persons in the pictures. In the case of very young children, the post will be entitled 'Who's that baby? Wednesday. Also, if I am able to identify it, I will include the country in which the photograph was taken, and any other details, such as the name of the photography studio, if applicable, and the date on which the picture was taken.

Perhaps with further research, and by talking to my family in Ireland, I will be able to someday learn the identity of the person pictured. Maybe someone will spy these photographs and have some idea about the person in the photograph, and they will contact me and let me know. To begin, here is a photograph of a beautiful little cherub faced sweetie. According to the information on the back of the photograph, it was taken in Dublin in March of 1941. So...

Who's that baby?



Copyright©irisheyesjg2012.
Click on image to view larger version.

6 comments:

  1. I feel for you, Jennifer! Thousands? You have quite a challenge ahead of you. Nevertheless, with a plan, you will see progress. I look forward to Wednesdays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqi,

      Thanks for your comments. As always, they are much appreciated. I could not believe it when I saw how many boxes there are filled with either loose photographs or photo albums. Sadly some of them were not stored very well, so they are damaged beyond repair (darned sticky albums). So far I don't have much of a plan, but I hopefully before too long I will make my way through them.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete
  2. I certainly hope someone happens along to give this lovely child a name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      Thanks for your comments. They are always much appreciated.

      I agree! I am hoping when I see my Aunt Kate in the Fall she will have an answer for me. I have been trying to figure out who this sweetie is, but based on the date of 1941, I have absolutely no idea. Fingers crossed for an answer.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete
  3. I love this idea... I have a ton of photos I inherited from a rather obscure relative (the sister of my step-great-grandfather) and I'm not sure who is in most of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne,

      Thanks for your comments; glad you like the idea. I hope you have some luck finding out the identity of those pictured in your photographs.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete

Comments on this blog are always deeply appreciated; however, in the spirit of true collegiality, I ask that you do not write something you could not say to me in person.

There is a proliferation of SPAM on this blog, so unfortunately comments moderation must be in operation.

Any comments that are mean-spirited, include URLs which are not connected to the post topic, contain misinformation, or in any way resemble advertising, will be removed. Anonymous comments which do not bear the name of the person commenting within the body of the comment, or are clearly generated from fake Google or Blogger accounts, will also be deleted.

Cheers, Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...