"...to seek and to find the past, a lineage, a history, a family built on a flesh and bone foundation."

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Pages: Films and Latin Translations

As Autumn approaches, and the new school year gets underway, I will be adding a series of extra pages to this blog which will hopefully provide you with additional help with respect to your Irish family history research. Since there is no time like the present, to begin with today, I am adding a couple of pages which have been in abeyance for a while.

Inspired by Dick Eastman's mention of the film 'Death or Canada', I have decided now is the time to add the films page to this blog. On the page I have included links to films which detail various aspects of Irish history, as well as others which are simply to enjoy.

Also, I have added a page of translations for some of the Latin terms you might come across while doing your family history research.

I hope you enjoy the pages and find them useful.

Cheers,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I just saw that film mentioned on another blog and watched the two-minute trailer. The topic is pertinent to my own family history research, as that is exactly the route several of our ancestors took in ultimately arriving in the United States.

    Thank you for posting your commentary on each of the films you have listed. I respect your recommendations. There is so much to learn about the broader contextual setting of these immigrants' experience, and your analysis helps readers hone in on the more pertinent of the offerings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqi,

      Thanks very much for your comments. I really appreciate them. I really like the idea of films because it gives us yet another medium from which to launch our research, and I am unabashedly a big fan of the work of both Professors Mark G. McGown ('Death or Canada') and Ronald Rudin ('Remembering A Memory').

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      Delete

Comments on this blog are always deeply appreciated; however, in the spirit of true collegiality, I ask that you do not write something you would not say to me in person. Because of spammers, CAPTCHA and comments moderation are in operation.

Any comments that include URLs not connected to the post topic, contain misinformation, or in any way resemble advertising, will be removed. Comments submitted by ‘Unknown’ or ‘Anonymous’ persons will not be published.

Cheers, Jennifer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...